[scribus] opening a scribusng file

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 19:04:29 CEST 2010

On 07/31/2010 04:31 AM, Jane wrote:
> Submitted on 07/31/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Jane
> Email Address: je_arnold at yahoo.com
> Subject: opening a scribusng file
> Message:
> I was last working on my scribusng ie .sla document on 24 June '10.
> Today when I came to open it again I couldn't open it and I can't open
> ScribusNG either. I have Scribus 1.3.7. Has it been changed since that
> time? It stops at "Plugin: loading Scriptplugin".
>
> I urgently need to access it because I have to make minor changes to the
> document before publication.
>
> all the best from Jane
>
> About your Scribus program:
> Version: 1.3.7svn
> Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
> Build Date:
> Your operating system and CPU:
> Type: Linux
> Version: ubuntu
> CPU type: Other/Don't know

Note to Ubuntu users: good idea to tell us which Ubuntu you have, ie,
Lucid, Karmic, etc. There are some differences in availability of ng
builds depending on which Ubuntu you're using.

She may well be sorting this out on IRC, but otherwise, at this point
the generic answer would be to update to 1.3.8, even though there
shouldn't be any Scribus-related reason for this behavior, which
suggests that the problem may reside in something outside of Scribus
related to Python. Usually these things come up when you start Scribus,
not later when you load a file.

Greg