[scribus] Ubunto with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic

Linda help at scribus.info
Wed Jul 28 23:23:10 CEST 2010

Submitted on 07/28/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Linda
   Email Address: lucythebaddog at yahoo.com
   Subject: Ubunto with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic
   Message:

I need a publishing program on my computer.  I type in Scribus in Software
mgmt K menu, a list of about 5 things pops up but none will let me download.
"Apply" is not clickable.  Various versions 1.3.5, 1.3.3.9 for example.  Each
one is different.  I do not know what to put in some of the boxes that go
with this e mail such as 32 bit or whatever so I left them as they were.

Went to Scribus site and downloaded:  1.3.3.14.tar.bz2.  Put it on desktop,
extracted.  It created a destination folder on desktop.  Double clicked and
there are a million folders with a million files inside of each.

Read on your Wiki not to try to use the aforementioned version with Ubuntu or
Kbuntu.  I thought you could uninstall if it even got installed at all.
Cannot find it in the Uninstall option so I can get rid of it.

My son is a Linux programmer but he is not available to me at this time and
won't be for awhile to come.  I am a Windows XP Home Edition user but now
have a partition of Windows XP Pro 64x which means I can't even install my
old MS Office Small Business in order to get Publisher.  I even tried to
download MS Office in Linux since Linux actually took my old Adobe PhotoShop
download disk just fine.  But the SB opens up a whole bunch of folders and I
do not know what to choose.

I desperately need a good publishing program.  Open Office is kind of a piece
of junk in my humble opinion.  I also think Linux is for ppl who like to find
and fix bugs, it's not for me but I have no choice.  Thanks for reading,
Linda B.

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: Ubuntu with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/483