[scribus] Managing images

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 15:45:22 CEST 2010

On 07/21/2010 02:37 PM, Lars Klop wrote:
> Submitted on 07/21/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Lars Klop
> Email Address: lcauk at yahoo.com
> Subject: Managing images
> Message:
> I have loaded a recently made leaflet but none of the images have
> appeared. I tried using the "manage images" function to locate the
> images but it is not finding any of the images. However, the image boxes
> are still there and the info tab still has the correct information about
> what the images should be.
>
> I have not moved the images from their previous location or changed
> their names.

Haven't looked in a while, but the last I knew, Scribus was using
relative paths to find images -- relative from the location where the
.sla file is saved. What this means is that if you move the .sla you
mess up these relative paths, even when the images are in the same
location they were.

At least as a test, you should use the Search function in Manage Images
to see if you can indeed find some images where they are.

It probably would be good to implement some sort of URI terminology,
which would also facilitate using Scribus on a network.

Greg