[scribus] minimal size - maximum quality

Dave Hackenyos hackenyos at me.com
Wed Jul 21 04:55:42 CEST 2010

Hello all,

	I've been asked to generate a PDF containing many images, embedded PDFs and text. The actual work in Scribus is going well. I love it. I was also asked to try and keep the size down.

	What is the accepted proceedure, if any, in Scribus for reducing the size of the final PDF while still trying to maintain the quality of the images. The product is primarily for the web but I am sure some may want printable quality. I know in Acrobat Pro one can reduce the file size on saving. I don't have Acrobat Pro. Another route might be to print to postscipt, then do a pstopdf on it. Not sure if that would work and I don't see that option in Scribus.

	I am on a Mac using 1.3.7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dave Hackenyos