[scribus] Program colours

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 20 15:46:06 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 02:27:09 Ray wrote:
> Probably a daft question from a new user - but...
>
> When I open my Scribus 1.3.3.13 in Ubuntu I am faced
with a white page on
> an almost white background.
> Can I somehow change the Scribus background to another
colour and also
> hopefully, the headings and main program colour?
> What I have done is to make the non printable page area
another colour and
> that gives some relief between page & background, but
would prefer to make
> the background a blue/grey colour to distinguish it better
from the actual
> page to write on.
> Inkscape seems to be the same, whereas Open Office has
a definite
> background colour.
> I have played around with different system preferences
etc but none appear
> to make any real difference to Scribus.
>
> Ned

I use Slackware and XFCE for the gui. I set the overall gui
background to a medium gray, to make colors appear more
accurately to the eye.

Within Scribus I add a separate background layer for the
background and color it whatever I want.

I am reasonably certain that you can set the background
color in Ubuntu. I don't know the details.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press