[scribus] Column Guides

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Jul 19 00:53:42 CEST 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:40:03 -0400
"Margaret and George McIntosh" <tenbear at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> Scribus 1.3.7
> Windows 7 x64
>
> I do a small quarterly newsletter. By default my column (vertical)
> guides are set to 3 columns with a 0.15 inch gap referenced to the
> margins. On a couple of pages I have used Page > Manage Guides to set
> 5 columns with a .15 inch gap referenced to the Margins.
>
> When I save and close scribus, then open it again the page columns
> are referenced to the Page, although the Manage Guides dialog
> indicates they are still referenced to the margins. I have to open
> the Manage Guides dialog, click on Refer > Page, then Refer
> > Margins and all is well until I close it again.
>
> Does anyone know if this is fixed in 1.3.8?

I have 1.3.8 as of yesterday, created a page, 5 columns, 1mm
gap and referenced to the margins, saved and closed the document and
reopened. here is a screenshot after reopening

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/Scribus_5Cln.png

It doesn't appear to have any problems.

Don't have 1.3.7 or any earlier versions to check for you

Owen