[scribus] manual

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:40:04 CEST 2010

On 7/18/10, John Culleton wrote:
> On Sunday 18 July 2010 12:30:37 Alexandre Prokoudine
> wrote:
>> On 7/18/10, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> In my days as a programming supervisor, it was considered
> good form to create user documentation first, then do the
> coding to fit. For program documentation (HIPO diagram,
> flow chart, Decision Logic tables etc.) that was generally
> done and approved before coding started.
>
> In today's world things are different, but the person who
> understands the functionality is still the best person to write
> the user guide. I have never understood the unwillingness of
> programmers to write user guides. After all, English (or
> whatever) is just another language, like C or Python.

*sigh*

Technical writing is a set of skills that equal to understanding and
and being able to apply very specific technologies. I won't even
mention that a programmer should retune himself to the target user
base.

How many modern user guides written by programmers have you read? How
many of them did you want to rewrite?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org