[scribus] Covermounting request

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 18:32:02 CEST 2010

On 07/14/2010 10:26 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> dear madam,
>
>> Subject: Covermounting request
>> Message:
>> Dear sirs,
>>
>> We would like to distribute Scribus 1.3.3.14 in Computer Bild Italia
>> covermounted CD/DVD-ROM.
>>
>> Your software will be downloaded and published "as it is" in our
>> CD/DVD without any modification. Our CD/DVD-Rom is a gift for our
>> readers and it's not sold neither distributed without our magazine.
>>
>> If you think our free distribution policy doesn't fit with your
>> software, please let we know and we'll not distribute it.
>>
>> We'll like your feedback anyway in any case
>
> on the one side, you just have to check that you comply to the GPL
> license. you probably already have experiences with that matter if
> you're distributing a DVD.
>
> on the other side, you should probably distribute a more recent version
> of scribus (1.3.7 currently, 1.3.8 in a few days) and mention that this
> is one of the last previews leading to the stable version 1.4.
>
> if you wish we (i) can help you present scribus in the best way to your
> readers...

The licence allows you to do everything you describe. Just leave the
licence and author information intact. Whether or not you sell the disk
is actually immaterial.

We would appreciate you letting us know about any feedback you get from
your readers, and also feel free to send them to our mailing list for
any questions they have, even in Italian!

Greg