[scribus] create pdf file with smal volume

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jul 13 10:30:11 CEST 2010

hi ulla,
> Hello to everyone who is able to help me.
>
> I have created a Newspaper and the regular exported pdf file has about
> 10 MB. To upload this file on a server the file volume itself has to
> be much smaller. What are the propper settings? I have tried it myself
> but it didn't work.
>
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.6
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: 7
>     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/468

scribus can't do that, yet... but there are some workarounds.

you may read

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Web_optimised_PDF

to get a feeling how you could do it if you were using a linux.

on windows i would try to print the pdf (or the .sla) to pdf using one
of the free or proprietary pdf driver.

hope that helps
a.l.e