[scribus] Document margins and PDF creation

Graham Gough help at scribus.info
Thu Jul 8 10:34:03 CEST 2010

Submitted on 07/08/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Graham Gough
   Email Address: graham.gough at oup.com
   Subject: Document margins and PDF creation
   Message:
I can't find any reference to this already, but I apologise if I've missed
it: when I create a pdf, Scribus is adding my printer margins to my document
margins, and thereby 'shrinking' the pdf image and to produce the wider
resulting margins.
I'm using the latest stable version on Mepis 8, but the same occurs in
Windows XP.
The printer is an HP Officejet.
Changing the printer margins to zero before creating the pdf has no effect
whatever.
Is there a means by which Scribus can be disassociated with the printer, so
that the margins are not brought in?
When printing to paper directly from Scribus, everything is exactly as it
should be.
When creating a pdf in Windows XP using PDF Creator instead of the built-in
Scribus PDF creation function, everything is fine (but PDF Creator is unable
to handle imported placed pdfs, so it isn't the solution).
Or am I missing something very basic (I am new to Scribus, but do use Quark).
Thanks!

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: Mepis 8
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/462