[scribus] Arrows and lines

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jul 5 16:46:05 CEST 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 19:56:35 Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2010/7/3 Stewart Noy <windrunner at mweb.co.za>
>
> > Gregory Pittman-3 wrote:
> > > Hmm. Hard to say. If we look at it from the point-of-
view of how
> > > various other things operate in Scribus, it might
make more sense to
> > > have either more choices of size than S, M, or L (let's
say some
> > > Max/Min then decimal increments, for example), or
that there could be
> > > some ± spinbox percentage of a basic size. You run
the risk of things
> > > getting too fiddly in the process. You can of course
submit a feature
> > > request, but it's a little bit dependent on how easy it
is to modify
> > > the current code.
> >
> > Yeah more arrow head sizes seems like it might be the
easiest to
> > implement. I guess it's not a feature that many people
have the need for.

> Please don’t underestimate the needs!
>
> The bugtracker is a straightforward way of letting know
others you have a
> need. Just express it. There is no point at being self-
censored!

> Cheers!
>
> Louis
>
> > Thanks for the tip on copying and pasting though, think
I'll try that
> > instead of reverting to an older version of Scribus.
> >
> > Keep up the good work.
> >

> > --
Nabble.com.

Faced with this difficulty I would just use another program to
create the line plus arrowhead and then import it. Or I would
just accept the line/arrowhead combination offered by
Scribus.

Another thought: create the line with the correct arrowhead
and then overlay the line with another graphic of a line.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press