[scribus] logo and slogan note

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 19:17:43 CET 2010

On 01/31/10 17:41, Robert Martinez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In my opinion scribus public perception would benefit if it used only
> one logo everywhere. There seems to be a variety of versions on the
> website/wiki/application/splash/blog (some consisting of the circle
> and/or the knob and/or the bright wave). Is this intentional?

The cyan/blue one is the main color of Scribus logo.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Desktop_Icons

> The second thing is the slogan: "open source desktop publishing".
> I don't intend to start a flame war :) ... but isn't it technically
> even "free software"?!

Free software is wider term then open source. Scribus is free open
source software, released under GPL license.

> (I'm just curious if there are technical reasons or personal
> likes/dislikes to the term)
> I also think the slogan (no matter what slogan) does not need to be as
> prominent on the homepage as the actual name of the application.

Funny enough, home page (www.scribus.net) is far from our (unwritten)
visual guidelines. Others, more frequently edited (wiki), are much
better... Yet, far from perfect.

Vlada