[scribus] can I buy gs###w64.exe?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 14:08:53 CET 2010

On 01/29/2010 03:22 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> dear marylin
>> I downloadedgs and opened it and got the same error message.  I
>> remember reading that gs has to be installed first so I uninstalled
>> Scribus so that gs would be first.  Still no luck.  Any suggestions?
>
> tell scribus where gs is...
More verbosely, first of all, you need to have ghostscript. Secondly,
Scribus needs to find it. On Windows, it's common for it not to be
automatically found.

Go to File > Preferences > External Tools, and browse (Change...) for
the gs executable. For 32-bit, its gswin32c.exe, the important thing
being that "c", since there is another executable without it.

Once you find it, click Ok, then close Scribus and restart.

Greg