[scribus] Double click for text editor?

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 26 13:31:18 CET 2010

<<
Each time I'm working with Scribus, sooner or later I'll try to start
the text editor by a double click on the text frame. It's automatic,
just without thinking about it.

<<
Just something to think about. Or can I determine this behaviour somewhere?

Maybe clarify, are you expecting the double click to launch the "Story
Editor" or to do in-line text editing ?

If I double click I can do inline text editing, which is what I prefer,
I would personally find it irritating to have the story editor appear,
when most of the editing I want to do is generally in-line.

To launch the story editor you appear to have to right mouse click and
choose "edit text" or press Ctrl+T

Maybe, it is a personal preference type thing and if it is not there
already could/should be a configuration option? I can find keyboard
shortcuts but not mouse ? Maybe if it were available you could use
middle mouse button or wheel click for the alternate action you less
often take (in-line or story edit)??

Maybe some sort of user profiles could be held with option of some
default usage templates, those coming from product a,b, or even the
dreaded ms.

K.