[scribus] Problems with ODT Import

Aaron W. Hsu arcfide at sacrideo.us
Mon Jan 25 23:49:06 CET 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:00:00 -0500, Christoph Schäfer
<christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010 21:13:42 schrieb Aaron W. Hsu:
>> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:17:08 -0500, Gregory Pittman
>>
>> <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Likely a problem with TextMaker. Make sure you are creating Styles
>>
>> Yes, I definitely use styles. I wouldn't want to live without those.
>> :-) I
>> think I have a Mac with OpenOffice.org on it, so I can see what I get
>> there.
>
> Please let your ODF file be checked by the ODF validator:
> http://opendocumentfellowship.com/validator
>
> Maybe TextMaker doesn't write ODF-conformant files. If the validation
> fails,
> you should send a bug report to SoftMaker.

It does fail this validator, though I do not know what version of ODT
Softmaker bases their exporter on. I've reported the problem, so we'll see
what happens. I'm going to play with the import and export to and from
OpenOffice.org as well.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.