[scribus] Problems with ODT Import

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 24 20:09:48 CET 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:22:02 -0500
"Aaron W. Hsu" <arcfide at sacrideo.us> dijo:

>I've been playing with ODT import and I noticed a strange problem. I
>export an ODT from TextMaker (Softmaker's word processor), and then I
>import it into Scribus. The Linespacing is always set to something
>way off, and there is an offset of the text that is also set to
>something like 10%, this makes everything almost disappear, as the
>lines are all scrunched up. If I readjust these, things look okay. Is
>there some reason for this? If you'd like, I'll try to send in a
>sample ODT file later on, just let me know. Does this list accept
>attachments?

You can't send an attachment to the list. But if you want to send me a
small ODT file exported from TextMaker I'll open it in my OOo 3.1.1 on
Fedora 11 and see if the problem exists there as well.

Until your message I had never heard of Softmaker or their Office
suite. I went to their web page and was struck by the almost complete
lack of mention of OOo. I also couldn't find much detail about features.