[scribus] how does scribus do justification?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jan 25 20:16:37 CET 2010

hi eilert,

> I am using MSWord at this time and am not very happy with how it
> justifies lines (only uses spaces between words, no kerning) and even
> less happy with page bottom justification.   Does Scribus offer
> anything better?

better justification? yes, mostly when you have the time to manual adjust it.

afaik, nothing better for the page bottom justification

> Also, are Word docs importable transparently into
> Scribus?

you can import the text from .doc files, and you can also import the styles and the formatting from .odt files (you will have to first open your word files with openoffice and save them as .odt).

hth
a.l.e