[scribus] PDFtoPS vs PDF2PS

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Jan 22 12:17:33 CET 2010

> That would not handle flattening etc. which unfortunately Scribus itself
> doesn't do.  My current workflow is to write from Scribus as pdf, load that file
> into Acroread, save as a print file, and then run that through PStill with a
> godawful command line and receive a PDF x/1-a:2001 file as a result.

I am NOT saying you should print to a PDF from Scribus.

You should create a PDF from Scribus (using Scribus own function),
open that PDF in Adobe Reader and then print from Adobe Reader
directly to a PDF (instead of first printing to PS and using command
line tools to convert PS to PDF). Then Adobe Reader would take care of
flattening, right?

/Peter