[scribus] images on pdf print at wrong resolution

Branko Vukelic bg.branko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:01:22 CET 2010

I used a similar flag on an HP laser printer some 4 years ago when
InDesign produced very complex PDFs that taxed the printer's internal
memory. In other words, I used the setting only when the source file
was too complex. Under most circumstances this produces worse results
unless the source file is a bitmap. I'm also sure not all printers
have it. We have two HP printers at work, none of them have the flag.

>From a brief informal survey conducted among my acquaintances, the
most popular PDF readers are Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat (pirated, no
doubt), and Foxit[1] reader (I don't know it because I use Linux).

[1] http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/