[scribus] images on pdf print at wrong resolution

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 14:46:05 CET 2010

On 01/18/2010 07:47 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> ciao gianluca,
>
>> I have a strange issue with a PDF produced with Scribus.
>>
>> Images are perfect on screen, but print at the wrong resolution.
>>
>> To be more precise, these images are inserted in a box, automatically
>> scaled, but when they are printed, they print at lower resolution and
>> so you only see a corner of the image in the box, on paper.
>>
>> Is there anybody that can point me to the right direction to solve
>> this problem?
>
> i guess that the next steps will be:
>
> - which version of scribus are you using? on which platform?
>
> - if it's not the latest in the branch you're using (1.3.3.13, 1.3.5
> or 1.5svn) you will have to first update it.
>
> - if the problem persist, please upload the project (.sla collected
> for output) && the produced pdf to http://bugs.scribus.net
>  (if you're project is too big, try to replicate the problem in a new
> document: if you can replicate it, please upload that project)

This is so odd that it sounds like "user error" -- we're all subject to
user error.

Make sure you haven't inadvertently limited your resolution in the PDF
Export dialog.
Make sure you are indeed looking at the correct PDF. I've had to pretend
to start up PDF Export just to verify the correct folder where the PDF
went...sometimes it surprises.

Greg