[scribus] Making an eBook with Scribus

Aaron W. Hsu arcfide at sacrideo.us
Mon Jan 18 04:22:21 CET 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 04:47:24 -0500, E. de Winkel
<winkelde at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Scribus is very good on making a proper layout, but for a text only this
> is less important.

I don't see it that way. I think that pure text deserves as much attention
to layout and detail as does anything else. Most Word processors I have
seen just don't cut the mustard when it comes to being able to carefully
ensure that your textual formatting is correct. The nicest I have seen
here is TeX. Scribus does a good job, and is better than the word
processors. I don't like the idea of forcing Scribus to do everything, but
this is something that Scribus should do well, and I think it does. Spell
checking and other things can be done before your import your text into
the document for layout.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.