[scribus] Making an eBook with Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 18:29:46 CET 2010

On 01/14/2010 12:16 PM, Aljosa Vidmar wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to turn a 100-page OOo Writer document into a relatively
> simple eBook with Scribus. I've dabbled with Scribus before (small,
> max. 3-page documents) and I've read a few tutorials, but I haven't
> found any directions on how to typeset a book. My text is, as I said
> before, an OOo document; it has 100 pages (9 chapters, TOC, front
> cover), there are no images, only formated text. I'd like to hear some
> tips&  directions on how to go about this task. I don't need a lengthy
> tutorial, just very short (one sentence) instructions, step-by-step.

Trying to keep it as simple as possible, I would make a Scribus doc with
automatic text frames, one or 2 columns as desired -- I guess 1 column
would work better for an eBook, and also I wouldn't bother with
left/right pages. Take an educated guess at the number of pages, but
don't worry about it too much. You can delete anything you don't need,
and if you add pages, the frames will be automatically created and
linked. Import your ODT file and the text will be formatted as in
oowriter, styles created as needed.

That should be it other than tweaking the layout if desired. Sorry, that
was 4 sentences.

Greg