[scribus] Importing and printing .ps files

Ole Madsen philimorept at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 05:55:49 CET 2010

I have a question regarding importing and printing .ps files.  In a newsletter, I am producing, I need a couple of tables, and I have found the easiest way to accomplish the task is to first generate the tables in OOcalc, then print to file.  This creates a .ps file that I can then insert into an image frame.  So far so good.

However, if I then want to print the .sla file, the table does not print, while everything else on the page prints fine. How come? What am I missing?

Normally this is not a show stopper for me, because when I export the page to .pdf, everything prints fine, and in any event, the .pdf file is my final product.  Still, it would be nice to be able to print the .sla file.

I don't know if this is related, but I am also having a problem when I try to import a .ps file via the file > import > get vector file route.  More often than not, this causes the program to hang.  Is there perhaps an issue with 1.3.5.1 in this area?

I am using Mandriva 2010 Power Pack and 1.3.5.1.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ole