[scribus] Problem with right alignment in ver. 1.3.5.1

scriblist at samoorman.com scriblist at samoorman.com
Thu Jan 14 00:48:08 CET 2010

I'm having problems aligning text flush right in version 1.3.5.1.  If
I create a text box, insert text, and set it to align right via either
a style or the properties panel, it appears just a bit short of flush
right in the box -- but noticeably so.

This makes it difficult when I snap such text boxes to the right
margin.  In 1.3.3.13, text was truly flush right, and aligned
perfectly, for example, with the right terminus of a horizontal line
at the top of the page. In 1.3.5.1, such text is not, and the
misalignment looks sloppy. In case I am not clear, here is a composite
of two screen captures showing the difference between versions:

http://www.samoorman.com/screencaps/Scribus_Issue_01.jpg

Also, I've become familiar with the Optical Margins function, but
those settings do not appear to make a difference.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

-Scott