[scribus] [Contact Us] SCRIBUS AND LINKS

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 15:30:29 CET 2010

On 01/12/2010 10:54 PM, Alex Gale wrote:
> George hi - the path to enlightenment didn't seem to work! I tried what you
> said, plus I highlighted the relevant text and then did it, but no go!still
> no hyperlink.

I just did this, and it worked. Here are some additional notes:
1. The link will not work within Scribus - you have to make the PDF and
link from the PDF.
2. Whatever content the text frame converted to PDF Annotation has will
not show in the PDF. Therefore, for best results this will need to be
superimposed on some other visible object so it can be easily found. You
should see a tooltip appear when your cursor is hovering over the link.
3. As I said before, your PDF viewer must allow linking.

> Also I have lost the part of the toolbar that allows me to link text colums
> - it has just disappeared! Where can I find it again?

Right-click on the feature at the far left of the toolbar and check the
missing piece.

> Another question or 2!
> How do I put in a text box at an angle?

Text frames all begin horizontal/vertical. Click the rotate icon on the
toolbar to rotate with the mouse, or adjust the Rotation spinbox in XYZ
tab of Properties.
> How do I put numbers on the bottom of the page?

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Pagination

Greg