[scribus] number alignment on right hand pages

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:01:08 CET 2010

2010/1/11 CLIVE CATTERALL <clive.catterall at btinternet.com>

> Just a quickie.
>
> I have folios at the foot on left and right pages with two #s in the left
> and right master pages aligned with the outer edges of the text block. On
> the right hand page the ##s in the text block are aligned ragged left (align
> text right), and in the left hand page the ##s are aligned ragged right
> (align text left).
>
> I cannot get the drop folios on the right pages to align with the right
> hand side of the text on single numbered pages. Scribus fills the #s from
> the left, leaving the right hand position blank.
>

> Do I have to have separate master pages for single numbered right hand
> pages? If I substitute the master pages for the already laid-out right hand
> pages will the elements on the page stay where they are? The Wiki does not
> cover this (though it is otherwise great).

Hi Clive,

This is a known issue. It was fixed in the 1.3.4 series and afaik made it
into 1.3.5 but was not implemented back into the 1.3.3.x stable series and
from what I understand in the notes in the bug tracker, it won’t be fixed in
that series.

Please refer to this bug and the related ones for a better overview of the
discussion around that issue.
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1447

What is suggested to fix this is what you already suggest: creating separate
master pages.

Cheers and happy new year!

Louis