[scribus] Paragraph indent

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Feb 28 17:30:27 CET 2010

hi george,

> I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
>
> With the paragraph indent set to .3 inch for a paragraph style, if
> there is one or more leading spaces, such as might be used to make a
> paragraph first line indent, the paragraph indent doesn't work and
> the paragraph's first line is not indented. Remove the space(s) and
> it works as expected. Now that I know about it it's not a problem.
>
> I do a newsletter which consists mainly of contributions from
> members. One sent a word document which I changed to text. I put it
> into Scribus and the paragraph indent didn't work. I finally realized
> that the leading spaces were the cause.
>
> Scribus 1,3,3,14, Windows 7 x64.

i tried to reproduce it in 1.3.6svn and i could see any problem: you can probably consider the bug fixed in the next scribus version!

ciao
a.l.e

ps.: the next stable release will be 1.4 and there won't be any 1.3.3.15 version.

i think it would help the team if everybody experiencing a problem in 1.3.3.14
would check if it still applies in 1.3.6svn:

- for linux you can add the scribus own repositories and
  install the scribus-ng package (debian, ubuntu and opensuse)

- for windows you can download a snaphsot of 1.3.6svn from the
  sourceforge repository (http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/)

you can install scribus 1.3.3.14 and the unstable version (currently 1.3.6) side by side,
but -- since you can't open 1.3.6 files with 1.3.3.14 -- you may be careful
before starting to use 1.3.6 for production!