[scribus] Problem with PDF file not always opening

Ian Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Sun Feb 21 13:54:37 CET 2010

Hi All

I posted a question some days back and it got 'wound up' in that mess
with the guy trying to unsubscribe!!!

I never saw any comments or replies to my question and think it might
have gone un-noticed in the palaver. I really need to 'crack' this and
therefore am re-submitting to see if anyone has any ideas. The file in
question can be found at www.federalsaints.net under 'Publications' and
'Journals' and is for February 2010, No 62.

This is the original post...........

I seem to have a problem with the Journal I publish.

I prepare it in Scribus 1.3.3.13svn on my Kubuntu 9.10 machine. When
finished I export as a PDF. However because of the resulting size of the
file I then transfer this to my Windows machine. Open with FoxIt PDF
Reader and select Print to PDF Creator. By selecting 72 point (as
recommended by Jluc) I get a nice viewable image AND a reduction of file
size of about 75%. This is the file I publish.

The majority of the people who get the file have no problem with it and
neither do I testing across 3 Windows machines and two Linux machines
BUT a significant number are reporting problems such as only the first
page opening, program freezes, program takes several minutes to open
each page etc etc!!

Can anyone offer a solution for this?

The only thing I wonder about is the PDF export version setting in
Scribus. It is currently on 1.4 - should I try 1.3 at all???

Thanks Guys.
--

*/_Ian Whitfield _/*

***/