[scribus] transferring a page

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 14:47:26 CET 2010

On 02/16/2010 07:51 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> ciao gabriele
>
>> My question is:
>> How can I transfer a whole page to another one?
>>
>> My problem: I have made several pages in A5 for a booklet and would like
>> to transfer two of them to a A4-page.
>> I use scribus 1.3.3.13
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance,
>> Gabriele from Chemnitz, Germany
>

> the easy way is to resize the pdf generated by scribus. but i'm not
> sure, this is what you want to do.
>
> a second way, is to create the new document, import the pages from the
> older document (pages > import), resize the imported pages (page >
> properties) and fix the size of each element on those two pages.
> in 1.3.5+ there is a way to scale the text while scaling its frame: i
> don't think it's already in 1.3.3.13 and -- imho -- it's not a good way
> to do :-)
> i would just apply the same styles as in the rest of the new documents
> (and if you are not yet using paragraph styles, it's the right moment to
> start :-)

If you're going from A4 to A5, there is some post-export processing that
can be done.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet

You could perhaps modify these methods to go the direction you wish, but
I'm a little worried that going A5 to A4 is going to cause problems,
since I'm guessing you're enlarging at least some of the content. In
Scribus, you can save items to the Scrapbook from your A5, then import
to an A4 page, resizing as needed.

Greg