[scribus] using Gimp to resize photographs is very poor design

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Thu Feb 11 03:40:05 CET 2010

Mick wrote:
>> i.e. Does anyone have any recommendations on a simple but good
>> image
>> editor that can take care of common tasks quickly? I know I could
>> use
>> ImageMagick or NetPBM but a GUI is nice sometimes.
>>
> Irfanview but I think that's windows.

Irfanview works very well under Wine in Linux. It can do all kinds
of adjustments, edits, cropping, lossless JPG rotation,
resizing/resampling, and format conversions. It will even open Gimp
if you want more advanced editing. Free download link at
www.irfanview.com . Also, get the Irfanview plugins, which also work
under Wine in Linux.
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition