[scribus] using CinePaint to resize photographs

Daniel Berlin dan.btown at hotmail.de
Wed Feb 10 18:43:30 CET 2010

John,

I don't know about the x86_64 version of CinePaint.

We use the same realease as you tried out, but on Fedora 12 multicore x686 installations were it runs with no problems.

If you encounter lots of error messages on CinePaint start-up which you don't understand then chances are you don't deal with Color Management (what all those CinePaint messages are usually about, as long as no Color Profiles are installed).

In any case: We need a color depth of at least 16 bit / channel because the images we deal with in pre-print are candidates for showing "zoned colors" or "color steps" when edited with 8 bit / channel image editors like GIMP, while we do not necessarily need fancy filters, and this is where CinePaint comes in handy.

Greets,
-- Dan