[scribus] degenerate objects

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Feb 7 12:16:15 CET 2010

> You should always see these warnings - in your scenario, you may have
> forgotten that you used a low-res version of an image, and need that
> reminder. You should get used to seeing the warnings, and learning what

What I am talking about is when I intentionally make something the
pre-flight check warns about. The pre-flight list is very long to
scroll through even when there's just 2-3 warnings, and it becomes
tedious to each export have to see if there are any new warnings or if
it's just those I already know of.

A typical example here is screenshots. A screenshot should be made
pixel by pixel, but then it will fail the "minimum DPI" I have set up
in the pre-flight check (the value there is based on what is needed
for photos).

So, I don't want a "Don't check this" option but a "Don't remind me
again about this" option.

The other option is of course to turn of pre-flight check for PDF
creation, but I think that is a worse option (because if people turn
that off they will have to remember to manually run pre-flight check
before export, and that is very likely to be forgotten.

You can draw a parallel to spell checking, spell checkers often
complain on for example names, it is a real pain if you can not add an
exception for the name (like add it to a custom dictionary or ignore
it for the rest of the document).

/Peter