[scribus] double lines

Nik scribus at babel.homelinux.net
Thu Feb 4 08:57:18 CET 2010

Hi All,

One feature that a number of people I know have missed from PageMaker is
the ability to define line styles that include double lines.

The Scribus line style editor has always allowed me to specify 2 or more
lines in a style, but as far as I can see, those multiple lines are
always rendered on top of each other.

It would be really useful to be able to define the gap between any 2
lines in a style, and then use that style to get reproducible double
(and triple, etc) line effects.

Currently, we have to draw the two lines separately, set the lengths and
thicknesses correctly, and then ensure we always move them around together.

Is there anything with this that would be difficult to implement?

Cheers!
Nik