[scribus] Re; Installing Scribus 1.3.8 or 1.3.9

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Fri Dec 31 19:18:22 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Ken Moffat <kmoffat at drizzle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Ian "Witty" Whitfield <
> editor at federalsaints.net> wrote:
>

> > I tried checking the repositories again and this time noticed that after
> > refresh I get the following error...
> >
> > /Failed to fetch
> >
> http://debian.scribus.net/debian/lucid/dists/main/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> > 404  Not Found
> > Failed to fetch
> >
> http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/lucid/dists/main/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> > 404  Not Found
> > Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> > used instead./
> >
> > These are the two repositories I need and it worked two weeks ago so have
> > they moved or what!!??
> >

> Therepositories have been changed, dropping everything past main, so remove
> the end of those lines, ending at main
>

> --
> Ken Moffat
> kmoffat at drizzle dot com

I've not gotten around to installing Kubuntu yet, Ian, but when I upgraded
my laptop to Ubuntu 10.10 last night I this was the change I made in
Synaptic to the repository list:

deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ lucid main

Now, I know Ubuntu 10.10 is "meerkat" and not "lucid", but it worked.  Prior
to making that change I was getting 1.3.8 when downloading Scribus-ng.
After that change, I got 1.3.9 and it works fine.  I'm not totally familiar
with how the repositories are organized, but this worked for me and maybe
will for you.  Now, if you are getting a good download of 1.3.9 and there is
some problem with it and Kubuntu, I can't help much there, but that would
surprise me.

--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*