[scribus] What about E-PUB format?

Bill208 billmidwst at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 05:36:34 CET 2010

John Jason Jordan-2 wrote:

> So my big question is, can I export from Scribus in E-PUB format?
> Assuming not, is there a workaround, like exporting to PDF or
> something else and then converting the output to E-PUB? Has anyone
> here published anything in E-PUB format?

John,

I've created epub files, but unfortunately not with Scribus. I've used
OpenOffice plus an extension for OpenOffice that will convert OO text files
to epub. From epub I use Calibre to convert to mobi for my Kindle. Kindle
will not read epub files.

I would hope that at some point in the not too distant future Scribus will
be able to convert to epub. For an in-depth discussion on the epub format,
along with sample files for download and reference links, start with this
link:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-epubtut/index.html

Bill