[scribus] Guides

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 11:13:53 CET 2010

Hi

I'd like to know if there is a plan to allow guides to be applied to a specific page or page range or odd/even pages (similar to the master page options).
Checked the bug tracker, but apparently nothing on this side.

With the impossibility to edit text frames when applied with a master page, creating standard text frames using guides would be an efficient workaround.

So far I am stuck with copy/paste from another document (using the scrapbook is not a very good alternative : when dragged on the pages, the elements are not positioned properly and need to be adjusted manually, which is both slow and error prone.

Also this would allow for guides to be created for each type of page (eg left and right, big image and small image page models).

happy new year

Cedric