[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 33, Issue 107

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 15:20:44 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 08:54 AM, Astrobob Group wrote:

> I recently found out about a guy who managed to fix this issue (or its
> just a workaround): http://www.khaledhosny.org/node/125
> I already wrote to him&  am waiting for his reply.

We had a post some time ago from someone who said he was having good
results using xetex along with Render frames, using xetex instead of
latex as the rendering engine.

> it has been promised that Arabic support will be available since 2004,
> as seen from the bugs reported :(

We actually do have some specific work going on here in the background.
It's in the background because it is really not usable yet.

We actually would gladly welcome some philanthropist from the
Arab-speaking world to find a way to help us out...

Greg