[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 33, Issue 107

Astrobob Group astrobob.tk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:54:28 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 01:00 PM, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
> Message: 7 Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:09:06 +0100 From: "a.l.e"
> <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> Subject: Re: [scribus] Scribus+Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
> Arabic text gets scrambled (help is needed: newbie) To:
> scribus at lists.scribus.net Message-ID:
> <20101229090906.1501756c at eisflach> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=US-ASCII hi

>> > Not sure where we are with Arabic support.
>> > Have you selected the right-to-left button in text tab of Properties?
>> > (looks like a backwards R)

I tried the right-to-left button & the problem persists. Though the
writing is now from right-to-left but the characters are still
scrambled. I've attached 2 screen shots of what exactly the sample text
& the result appear to be. As apparent the sample text is shown as
should. The problem arises in the layout text. I am quite surprised that
the sample text is as should be while the layout text is scrambled.

I recently found out about a guy who managed to fix this issue (or its
just a workaround): http://www.khaledhosny.org/node/125
I already wrote to him & am waiting for his reply.

> no arabic support yet...
>
> you may expect it at some time next year (2011, that is...).
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
it has been promised that Arabic support will be available since 2004,
as seen from the bugs reported :(