[scribus] Scribus+Ubuntu 10.04 LTS: Arabic text gets scrambled (help is needed: newbie)

Astrobob Group astrobob.tk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:35:47 CET 2010

Dear all,

I am a new user of Scribus & I am in charge of a newsletter which is to
be written in Arabic. I have read that Scribus supports Arabic which is
apparent from the text editor which I already used to write in Arabic,
but the problem arises when the text is entered in the layout of the
newsletter. Particularly, the letter are being written in the
left-to-right style (as in English) rather than right-to-left as
supposed & hence all words are scrambled & unreadable.

Could someone guide me in the process of solving this problem ?

Maybe I should note that I am operating on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (gnome) with
the Scribus version 1.3.3.113svn.

I hope someone of you would be able to help.

thanks in advance & Happy Holidays

-BOB