[scribus] Autoquote2

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 23:50:51 CET 2010

On 12/26/2010 03:58 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 12/26/2010 03:12 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> On 12/26/10, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>>
>>> the line before that one should have been indented:
>>>
>>> singlequote_flag = 'inside'
>>>
>>> should line up with the line above it. Python thinks the elif came out
>>> of nowhere.
>>
>> I never quite understood my reluctance to study Python. Thanks to you
>> I now know one good excuse for my laziness :) And that's coming from
>> someone who studied Pascal back at school with its [ugh, Pascal's]
>> line length limit.
>>
>> Sadly, autoquote 2 still doesn't handle nested quotes in Russian.

> what is it you want to see? This is hard to find out from the web, since
> most websites don't use typographic quotes, and for several languages
> there are various accepted possiblities.
>
> What I saw in French was that one could use nested guillemets like this:
>
> «blah «blah» -- a bit tricky to implement
>
> ie, the right-pointing guillemets cover for both of the two sets
> pointing left. If this is possible:

> then one might achieve this with "blah 'blah'" by using double
> guillemets for double and single quote replacements.

Try adding these lines to the language list:

   elif (lang == 'ru2'): # this variant will use double guillemets for
both layers of nested quotes
     lead_double = u"\u00ab"
     follow_double = u"\u00bb"
     lead_single = u"\u00ab"
     follow_single = u"\u00bb"

You will need to use single quotes for that internal set, and manually
remove double adjacent guillemets if needed.

Greg