[scribus] Master pages

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 15:29:53 CET 2010

On 12/21/2010 06:40 AM, Kathryn Sylvester wrote:
> Submitted on 12/21/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Kathryn Sylvester
> Email Address: kathrynsylvester at hotmail.com
> Subject: Master pages
> Message:
> Hi,
> I have recently downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 and am trying to set up a
> master page.
>
> I have created a page (I've named this page 'Product Master')and
> converted this to a master page using Page > Convert to Master Page.
>
> When I go to Edit > Master Pages the pop up box appears and my Product
> Master page is in this box, so I'm assuming from this that I've created
> and saved my 'Product Master' page correctly?
>
> So, when I open up a new page and want to apply my Product Master layout
> I go to Page > Apply Master Page.
> In the pop up box, I have the option of applying Master Page: Normal
> from the drop-down menu, but my Product Master page does not appear in
> this box.
>
> How can I usey the Product Master page layout that I have created?

it at least sounds like you've done the right things. Did you look at
your master page in Edit > Master Pages to see what it looked like.

You might try saving the document, closing, then reopening.
We've not heard of a bug like this before.

Greg

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Working_with_Master_Pages