[scribus] Style editor in disorder...or not?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 07:31:48 CET 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:57:07 -0500
John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> dijo:

>Another issue I don't understand is why I end up with so many "Copy
>of ..." styles in 1.3.9.  They seem to multiple faster than rabbits.

I first ran into this bug with 1.3.5 on Linux and entered comments on a
similar bug reported previously:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=7779

It has never been fixed. Or better stated, it has never been completely
fixed. I suspect the "copy of styles" problem is caused by more than
one thing and some of them have been fixed, but not all.

In my case I was never able to figure out what exactly was causing the
"copy of style" to be generated. Pinpointing what actions make the
copies to appear would probably help the developers get to the bottom
of it.