[scribus] Indentation does not always appear...bold issue

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Mon Dec 20 03:54:23 CET 2010

Windows2000/sp4
Scribus 1.3.9

I'm writing in OpenOffice 2.2.1 and using the Get Text
feature to populate my text frames.

Today I notice that sometimes the indent which I use to
start a paragraph in OO does not appear in the Scribus frame.

If I look in the Scribus editor, the indent is there.

I also discovered that in a bold subheading the first few
words were not bold.

Examining the imported styles - which are pretty much
default from OO because I've never set any up or changed any
of the defaults - I noticed uncommon P#s were allocated to
the indent problem and the bolding problem.

So, I changed the styles in the Scribus editor to styles
that were commonly applied to what I needed and the indent
and the bold appeared as I needed.

Any ideas about why this is happening and what to do to
prevent it?

Best wishes,
Barry McKenna