[scribus] Cursor changes to blank rectangle or tip of arrow

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Sat Dec 18 02:13:42 CET 2010

1.3.9 just installed, was using 1.3.6
Windows2000/sp4
gdiplus.dll in Scribus directory

After startup, when I select a frame, the cursor changes to
the normal hand-shaped cursor. However, when I deselect a
frame and then select another frame, the cursor changes to
either a black rectangle about 3/8 inch wide by 1/4 high, or
else it changes into just the tip of the normal white arrow
cursor.

Any suggestions to tweak this new install, or should I just
put this in Mantis?

Also, I notice that I can't go back to 1.3.6 with this
document which has been saved once in 1.3.9. Is that to be
expected?

I may be able to use it as it is, although I have to fiddle
with the cursor to get to change to the sizing cursor in
order to resize a frame.

Best wishes,
Barry McKenna