[scribus] Text Field Automation Question

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 09:44:52 CET 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 02:39:47 -0500
Jason Garber <boss at gahooa.com> dijo:

>Is it possible to define text fields which appear on every page, having
>content specific to each page, but the size, position, font, etc...
>globally defined?
>
>Specifically, I have a master page which includes "Date", "Subject",
>and "Summary" which are unique to each page, but I would like the
>ability to reposition and modify their style globally.  The document
>is projected to be 700 pages by the time we send it to be printed as a
>book.

First, you neglected to say what version of Scribus you are using and
what platform - Windows, MacOS or Linux. Sometimes the answer is
different, so please add those facts.

Second, I don't understand exactly what you are doing, but I do
understand "700 pages." Scribus is going to be slower than the second
coming with a document that size. I recommend breaking it up into
smaller files.

As for the actual issues you are having trouble with, perhaps if you
describe an example of what you want to accomplish it will be clearer.