[scribus] Script problem using getPageType()

Andreas Hünnebeck acmh at gmx.de
Thu Dec 16 00:11:53 CET 2010

I have problems using the getPageType() call in Scribus 1.3.9:

1. the documenation (local and online) does not mention any arguments, however
   Python insists that it needs exactly one argument. I tried to feed the current
   page number and this seems to do the job when working on normal pages:

   page_type = getPageType(currentPage())

   I use 'page_type' to find out if the current page is a left or a right page.

2. Working on Master pages is different. Using getPageType() as shown above
   always creates a wrong 'page_type' (right on left master pages, left on right
   master pages)

How can I fix this? What is the meaning of the argument fed into getPageType()?
Is there a better way to find out if the current page is a left or right page?

Thanks a lot
Andreas
Andreas Hünnebeck | email: acmh at gmx.de
----- privat ---- | www  : http://www.huennebeck-online.de
Fax/Anrufbeantworter: +49 (32 12) 1 26 24 06
PGP-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/pgp_andreas.asc
GPG-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/andreas.asc