[scribus] Cannot edit/create paragragh styles

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 13 22:55:43 CET 2010

<gerard at faduda.net>wrote:
> > > The ability to edit/modify/create paragraph styles has
> > > disappeared in version 1.3.9.
> > >
> > > Previously, right-clicking the left hand column in the text box
> > > gave me a menu of available styles, plus an option to
> > > create/edit same. Now, I only get the menu of existing styles,
> > > and no ability to modify them. I'm on Ubuntu 10.10.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something, or do I need to tweak a file somewhere
> > > to make the edit facility visible?
> >
> > Try Edit->Styles to do what you used to do while in the Story
> > Editor.  I understand there is a reason for changing this, but
> > the logic is lost on me.
>
> Perfect, thank you. Shows the dangers of late night work. I went
> through the main menus several times searching for what I was
> looking for and it never registered.
>
> >  It's a bit like having to make at least two clicks to close or
> > update the Text Frame from the Story Editor.  I like 1.3.9, but
> > there are a few things I miss from 1.3.3.14.  Maybe as I get more
> > familiar with the finer points of Scribus, I will appreciate
> > these changes.
The old way worked fine for me. I don't understand how access to the
style editor from within the story editor is not desirable.  It seems
intuitive.

And I agree on the two click thing. Again a retrograde step with no
visible logic behind it.

When the story editor is "fixed" will the 1.3.9 path through edit-
>styles be retained? Or will we have to change work habits yet again?
One of the things I do is to write e-books and eventually a p-book on
various Open Source programs. Right now I don't know what to write
about editing styles.
--
John Culleton,
 typesetting and indexing http://wexfordpress.com