[scribus] An image on a double page

Grzegorz Staniak gstaniak at wp.pl
Mon Dec 13 11:29:49 CET 2010

Dnia 13-12-2010 o godz. 10:42 Jim Ford napisał(a):

> >> But it won't look neat if it's spread across the centre pages, because
> >> of the region where the image is duplicated!
> >
> > Well, it's either this, or a white gap between two parts of the image.
> > The duplicated part is lost in the binding area, remember?
>
> But if the image is spread across the two center pages, there is no
> binding area.

As I understand it, it depends on the kind of binding you use. If you
have a true centerfold e.g. in a magazine bound with staples , then
you're right. If, however, you have a thermal/glue binding -- think
"National Geographic" -- there will be an area in the very center that
will not be visible due to the binding. You can then define both a
slightly wider inner margin to get correct page proportions, and an
inner BLEED to achieve what you see in the files above: the image
contents are duplicated to compensate for the area that is not visible
after opening the pages because of the binding.

GS
--
Grzegorz Staniak, gstaniak _at_ wp *dot* pl