[scribus] Cannot edit/create paragragh styles

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Mon Dec 13 06:10:17 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Gerard Cunningham <gerard at faduda.net>wrote:

> The ability to edit/modify/create paragraph styles has disappeared in
> version 1.3.9.
>
> Previously, right-clicking the left hand column in the text box gave me
> a menu of available styles, plus an option to create/edit same. Now, I
> only get the menu of existing styles, and no ability to modify them. I'm
> on Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> Am I missing something, or do I need to tweak a file somewhere to make
> the edit facility visible?

Try Edit->Styles to do what you used to do while in the Story Editor.  I
understand there is a reason for changing this, but the logic is lost on me.
 It's a bit like having to make at least two clicks to close or update the
Text Frame from the Story Editor.  I like 1.3.9, but there are a few things
I miss from 1.3.3.14.  Maybe as I get more familiar with the finer points of
Scribus, I will appreciate these changes.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Walkertown, NC  USA