[scribus] scribus crashes when I try to create a new document

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Dec 12 22:16:03 CET 2010

On Sunday 12 December 2010 16:09:02 keith bruner wrote:
> Hi Ale
>
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:14:20 -0800, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
wrote:
> > hi
> >
> >> Well, thanks for the information!
> >> I did it many times, I uninstalled, then reinstalled!
> >> I tried to relaunch the computer as it was few days ago!

> > in contrary to what most people tend to believe, uninstalling and
> > reinstalling does not help much in the case of scribus.
> >
> > most of the time the problem is somewhere else.
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
>
> Just thought I would mention that I have solved many problems in
> Windows by rebooting and or uninstalling and re-installing. I did
> not assume the problem was in Scribus. Even in Linux a reload after
> installig new software can make a difference as can a reinstall.
> Can't tell you why, just know it happens. ymmv
>
> cheers, keith

For future reference, the user can go backwards to Windows XP or
forward to Windows 7. The Windows Vista environment is often
troublesome. When I bought my wife a new laptop a while back it came
with VIsta.  The manufacturer (HP) said Win XP would not work on it.
That may or may not be the truth. So after experimenting with
Slackware I installed Knoppix. My wife is happy, the computer is
happy, I am happy.
--
John Culleton,
 typesetting and indexing http://wexfordpress.com